Monday 12 January 2015

Garageband tutorial

10 things I hate about you





Instead of having to infringe on copyright violations by copying sound from YouTube or other video sites, I decided to use Apple's Garageband software to make my own soundtrack using Apple loops or other public domain music. I was able to import music that had copyright permission or use the hundreds of available loops to manufacture my opening intro for 10 Things I Hate About You.   


I scrolled through the loops until I found that l liked. I was able to hear
a preview of the loop by simply clicking on it. Once I had included
the loop into my recording, I was able to adjust the volume and tempo. 
Throughout my recording, I made sure to view the video to

see how the music went with the intro video.

I mostly concentrated on the transition between the cheery house music
that the group of girls are listening to in their car and the electric guitar
music of the protagonist.

Once I had added the loop, I was able to adjust the volume using
 the volume tracker bar at the side.
I was given a range of easy to access loops to
use, and I was able to search according to the genre,
mood and instruments that I was looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment